Note: This tag was created by Bethany Atazadeh
So I kind of decided very last minute that I would very hesitantly participate in NaNoWriMo.
I went into it not really having a plan. I just found an old idea I had written down and decided to work with that.
I am now 10,000 words deep into this project which is already the most I have ever wrote during a NaNoWriMo and I still have more than half the month to go.
Whilst I am really far behind I’ve found a new groove the past couple of days. I kind of have hope that maybe this year I could win NaNoWriMo!
Doing NaNoWriMo has meant I’ve had to neglect this blog a little bit. I found this tag and thought it was the perfect thing to type up quickly. But you can bet the minute I’ve finished this I’m going back to writing.
1. What is your NaNo WIP? (aka genre, and a little about the story)
It is a fantasy YA novel. I don’t know why but when writing I always gravitate to this genre.
2. What stage is your WIP in? (aka first draft, second, third, editing, betas, etc)
3. What are your NaNo goals? (Monthly word count goal? Daily goals?)
I’d love to win NaNo and reach 50,000. But, if that’s not possible, I’d be happy with anything about 30,000.
4. Do you have NaNo rewards for meeting different goals or the final goal?
I do and I wish I had done this since day one because it works so well for me. My reward normally involves cake or some other form of food.
5. Are you in a NaNo cabin and/or do you have NaNo buddies?
I have buddies but I don’t really interact with them.
6. Have you done NaNoWriMo in the past (November or other months) and how did it go?
Yes. I think four, maybe five times. It didn’t go for any of them.
7. What are you most excited about for this NaNo?
Honestly, my story. The fact that at the beginning of the month I had nothing and now I have these characters who I care about and plans I’m really excited to write.
8. What is your #1 advice for people doing NaNo?
Set food rewards! They’ve been a game changer for me.
9. What is your NaNo Handle so we can follow you?
Mine is Comfort Reads. I’ll be sure to add you back!
10. Who will you tag to do the NaNo tag?
I won’t be tagging anyone in this one!
Let me know how your NaNoWriMo is going if you’re taking part.
Thanks for reading!