My name is Jess and I’ve been talking about books online for over five years now.
I’ve been a reader my entire life. At school I was always first to get my book out for reading time. I loved to tag along with my dad to car boot sales and on charity shop crawls in search of Jacqueline Wilson and Enid Blyton books to add to my collection. My Summers were spent in the library.
That love for books has never died. So, here I am. Sharing my love for books with you.
Despite the name, I do like to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to books, and while my favourite genre is contemporary, you’ll find most genres on this blog.
My favourite books include Harry Potter (obviously) Perks of Being a Wallflower, Pride and Prejudice and the Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante. I’ve also recently added The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid to the list.
When I’m not reading, I’m watching my favourite TV shows which include Gilmore Girls, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Merlin and most recently Brooklyn Nine Nine.
I tend to post 3 times a week, but I have no strict schedule and often post more than that.
If you’d like to contact me, email – ComfortReads13@Gmail.com
Thanks for reading,
My Rating System –
– Must have offended me somehow (never given this rating though).
– I wanted to DNF it but for some reason I didn’t.
– Again, struggled to finish it, wish I’d DNFed it.
– I struggle to find anything about the book that I enjoyed.
– The book just wasn’t for me.
– This is my most used rating. I enjoyed the book but I don’t think it’s special/overly memorable.
– Enjoyed parts but found other parts boring.
– I enjoyed reading it and highly recommend it, it just wasn’t perfect.
– It was so close to perfect!
– I very very rarely give this rating. Can a book really be perfect?